Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wha wha wha – December 18, 2007

The title of this blog post is supposed to mimic the sound that gets played in cartoons whenever a character becomes demoralized. I entitled it as such because this is the sound I played in my head when I saw the latest Dell advertisement in Facebook.

Here’s what it looked like:

Ok, so tell me again why I would want to click on this? Why has Facebook allowed advertisers to buy space in the news feeds section of Facebook? I thought the space was reserved for news relevant to my sphere of friends? Last time I checked Dell wasn’t one of my friends.

Even though the Dell website is somewhat cool (see pics below), and has a good viral aspect to it (you can send videos of cheesy celebrities to your parents/friends telling them to buy you ___ gift), the manner in which they engage Facebook users is weak sauce.

Has anyone else received really lame Facebook news feed ads?



No comments: