Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Map of the Ethereal – November 14, 2007

I’m constantly asked why I enjoy the head splitting, repetitive, and almost nauseating sound of electronic music. My Dad has a theory that it has something to do with all the time I’ve spent in the water. Essentially, the rhythmic splashing and undulation of the waves against my head as it passes through the surface of the water has forced me to become accustomed and addicted to electronic music.

I’ll buy that logic.

Now onto the point of this article…Ever wonder type of techno music you are listening to? Want to chart the evolution of techno? Have a desire to figure out what “micro-house”, “stupid”, or “terrorcore” sounds like?

Simply check this awesome interactive and truly informative website.

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn’t buy that logic with someone else's money. I would argue that whatever music was most predominantly played when the drugs were smoked was the music you ended up loving. I'm just gald no one slipped Back Street Boys in your 5 disc.

Reid said...

hahahaha. Thank god!