Thursday, November 22, 2007

Made to Stick – November 22, 2007

I’m sure I’m like the 3 millionth person to recommend this book, but I’m going to anyways. However, I’m only giving this recommendation to people who need help better expressing their creative ideas…like yours truly. Having a plethora of nebulous thoughts can get frustrating if you have no way to contextualize them.

Enter Dan and Chip Heath. Two brothers, who claim they are not brilliant creatives, just your average run of the mill guys. The difference between me and them is that they spent a whole lot of time studying what makes stories and ideas stick.

Essentially, they broke apart all successful urban myths, ad campaigns, political stories, etc and outlined the key linking factors of success. Oh yeah, they put in a catchy/cheesy catch acronym. “Succes”

S – simplicity
U – unexpectedness
C – concreteness
C – credibility
E - emotional
S - stories

Check out the authors’ blog if you’re interested.

No comments: