Saturday, November 3, 2007

Audium - November 3, 2007

Synethisia –[sin-uh s-thee-zhuh]
noun
A sensation produced in one modality when a stimulus is applied to another modality, as when the hearing of a certain sound induces the visualization of a certain color.

I can promise anyone an hour of natural hallucinations.

I’m not a magician, I’m not a drugged out street rat, I’m not a man of eastern medicine, and I’m not a liar.

In their own words, “Audium is the only theatre of its kind in the world, pioneering the exploration of space in music. The theatre's 169 speakers bathe listeners in sounds that move past, over, and under them. Sound sculpture are performed in darkness in the 49-seat theatre.”

Care to hob knob with a contemporary of John Cage and Phillip Glass? Enjoy immersive artistic experiences? Want to pretend you're in a movie set designed for Space Odessey 2001 or A Clockwork Orange? If you answered yes to any of the above, Audium is the place for you.

No comments: