Thursday, April 24, 2008

Logos - April 24, 2008

I'm in the process of finalizing a logo for my little business, and I wanted to share with you some inspiration that was needed to aide in the logo development process. Creating a logo isn't easy. Where does one start? Step one, figure out what you don't want. For me, that meant I didn't want some really stupid looking Web 2.0 logo, which means one that is all happy and glowing (kinda like a cartoon version of a real logo).

Step two was getting a book filled with hundred of logos, and marking which ones I liked. Step three is figuring out why I like them, and figuring out how to incorporate aspects of their design into my logo. Step four is actually making some logos and figuring out what works.

I wanted to share with you the logos that I liked. I chose them because I liked the smart/edginess to them, and because they are fairly simple. Also, I wanted a logo that didn't need multiple colors to bring it to life (although I did choose one or two with cool colors I liked).

Hopefully, my logo will be developed in the next two-three weeks, which I'll be happy to share with everyone.

No comments: