Monday, March 24, 2008

Snap Summit - March 24, 2008

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you have probably figured out that I'm into Web 2.0 and social networking. You've also probably been subjected to a decent amount of my ramblings. My day job working as a Participation Planner at Swirl allows me to play around on Facebook, YouTube, Blogger, Flickr, etc and figure out how brands or products can inject themselves into those worlds. Here's my official description of my job from my LinkedIn profile:

My role is to understand how brands and products can actively and appropriately participate with consumers in communities being created and enabled by the Internet.

I take into consideration all forms of social media and networks to determine what people are saying, where they are saying it, and why they are saying it.

I establish the best methods to engage these individuals, and begin to inject influence and create meaningful relationships amongst them.


I'm always trying to stay on top, so tomorrow I'm headed to the SNAP Summit tomorrow to converse with uber-nerds and social media gurus. Hopefully, I'll learn something that I didn't know already. I'm particularly interested in getting some face time with Jeremiah Owyang who is a web analyst for Forrester. He's posted some of the best and most relevant topics on Web 2.0 and social media that I've ever read. I'd typically call out a couple of my favorite posts of his, but I'll refrain for now.

I'll be sure to give everyone a download of how it all goes down.

No comments: