Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Make Outlook More Useful – March 18, 2008

I’m in the midst of beta-testing this new service called Xobni (inbox backwards) that ups the level of usefulness of Microsoft outlook. So far, it’s pretty cool. It can instantaneously tell me all sorts of information like, how many times I’ve emailed a person, what attachments I’ve sent them or they’ve sent me, and what people we have in common (sent emails to). It will also grab the phone number from their signature. As time goes on, Xobni will also chart trends between emails sent to people, what time things are sent, when you get the most mail, etc.

I think it’s a great way to inadvertently turn Outlook into an analytical tool that dissects your relationships, and provides you with a loose sense of a network.

I’ll let everyone know how this progresses, but let me know if you want an invite for the beta test. Here's a screenshot of it:

No comments: