Monday, March 3, 2008

In Times of Recession Drink Beer - March 3, 2008

Well, at least that's what Warren Buffet thinks. The theory is that in times of recession, people are most likely to stick to buying basic goods, as well as things that make them temporarily happy, like junk food and booze.

So, in honor of Budweiser and all the glory it has brought to me (or lack thereof), I made my first official stock purchase using Charles Schwab. I am the proud owner of some Budweiser stock. Yay! This isn't a terribly risky move, as we know people will always drink beer, so I'm not that concerned, plus since I spend so much on it anyways, I might as well invest in it, right?

Other stocks that I've been researching fall into categories like telecom, environmentally progressive corporations, automotive, consumer packaged goods, and a few high tech companies that specialize in disk storage. With the stock market being so low right now, it's a good time to get in while things are low, I've just got to make sure I don't throw my money into something that's too risky.

No comments: