Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Get Free Beer T-Shirts - March 4, 2008


My first job in San Francisco left me with alot of free time. I also was pretty poor, and I liked beer. I wanted to see if I could find a way to get beer companies to put clothes on my back. Long story short, I created a generic "I Love You" letter that I personalized and sent to a massive list of beer companies. I ended up getting all sorts of free gear and invites for special brewery tours. Here's the letter I used if you want to try the same thing (italics denote personalization areas of the letter):

Dear (name of company),

I wanted to take the time to let the (beer company) brewers know how much I love your beer. It is truly one of the most satisfying and delicious beers I have come to love and enjoy. (Your Beer) is genuinely one of the best beers I have ever tasted, and I would have to say it is my number one beer to drink. I love the taste of (Your beer) on my lips after a long day in the office, or if I’m just kicking it with a friend or two.

The first time I had (beer) was a few days after my 21st birthday, and almost immediately I knew it was a beer I would savor the rest of my life. I always try to keep a few sixers in the refrigerator. A few of my friends have also become strong advocates of (your beer), and I’m happy to say I was the first one to introduce them to it.

Hopefully, (name of beer company) will remain strong and keep producing such fantastic beers. I’m not sure how many different types of beer the company brews, but my personal favorite is (special beer name). If you see the brewer, please tell him or her thank you for the amazing work, and that their keen sense for brewing is much appreciated.

Thanks again for making one of the best beers around!

Sincerely,

(Your name)

No comments: