Thursday, January 31, 2008

Spitting Image? – January 31, 2008

Daniel Edwards, a renown sculpture known for his interesting take on pop culture, is now one of my favorite artists. I’m not sure how he flew under my coolness/oddity radar, but he did. However, now that I familiarized myself with some of his sculptures I now recall several pieces, such as the Suri Cruise poop and the deceased Prince Henry.

My favorite, however, might just be the Britney Spears giving birth. Yuck, but the bear rug is a pretty sweet touch.


You might also want to check out the dead Paris Hilton (FYI it has an open abdominal cavity with removable life-size organs and twin fetuses, which visitors to the exhibition may hold if they wear special gloves), a lingerie wearing Hilary Clinton, or the deathbed portrait of Fidel Castro.

No comments: