Monday, January 14, 2008

Never Miss a Show Again – January 14, 2007

I LOVE music! However, nothing pisses me off more than getting into a new artist or rediscovering a long lost album in my iTunes folder, and finding out that the band just played in town. This year alone, I can count at least three times I’ve missed out on shows that I would have loved to have gone to. Well….never miss a show again.

Enter SonicLiving – this great service simply uploads your iTunes list to its music calendar database and automatically let’s you know when an artist in your iTunes library is coming to town. You have to sign up online, but it’s totally worth it.

There’s also a more broad service offered by Yahoo called “Upcoming”, which alerts you to events happening in your area. You can look by categories such as education, comedy, music, politics, etc. I can’t vouch for this service as I’m not a regular user, but it looks pretty spot on.


Finally, you could go with iConcertCal, which is the exact same thing as SonicLiving, but instead of having to log onto a website, you access the information via iTunes. No networking involved as with SonicLiving, which is kinda a downer.



No comments: