Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rinse and Repeat – January 15, 2008

Tired of the old rinse and repeat ritual of recreating all your content for all the various social networks out there? Help support the Data Portability initiative!

I’m really tired of having to build a profile every time I enter a new network. It takes time, my information is largely inconsistent (i.e. email addresses, photos, links, etc), and it gives me a damn headache.

The Data Portability initiative is in the process of creating a tool that allows you to carry around a “briefcase” of personal information that you can then plug into any social outlet that you like/trust. The only thing I’m unsure of is if you can bring along your contact lists too.

For more information go to http://dataportability.org or watch this video.

No comments: