Thursday, January 31, 2008

MGMT at Bottom of the Hill - January 31, 2008

One of my favorite new bands, MGMT, played at the Bottom of the Hill this past Monday. Despite having made a whirlwind coast to coast party weekend and running on 5 or so hours of sleep total, I still made it out. Yeasayer opened up for them, which was pretty awesome and full of energy. MGMT, however, looked fairly sedated, even more so than I. The good news is that MGMT has a great live sound very similar to their recordings, which is always a plus.

I'm not sure I'd go back to see one of their shows, but I would for Yeasayer. Oddly enough, as Sosia and I stumbled out of the show we ran into the guitarist, Anand Wilder, outside where I talked shit about MGMT and how they should be opening up for them instead of vice versa. He laughed, and then answered his cell phone and walked away. Damn, thanks for the goodbye Anand.

Anyways, here's a low quality video I took at the concert of MGMT.

No comments: