Monday, February 4, 2008

Popularize Your YouTube - February 4, 2008

I'm disappointed to say that my video that I posted to YouTube, which was a reaction video to a reaction video to "2 girls 1 cup" has the most hits out of any of my videos. Granted I don't have that many videos posted (8 or 10), this particular video has gotten over 6,000 hits in just a month. So maybe it's not that many for a popular YouTube video, but for me it is.

The only reason that this particular video has risen to the top is because it was associated with the disgusting video, "2 girls 1 cup". Moral of the story, if you want to get alot of hits in general, name your videos in alignment with some current popular cultural topic. For example:

- Britney's suicide tape
- Obama's drunk college interview
- Yahoo CEO caught on tape with Sergey Brin
- Heath Ledger found in bar with Natalie Holloway

You get the point, just don't get pissed if people send you nasty comments because your video has nothing to do with the title of which you named it.

No comments: