Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No More Trader Joes - February 27, 2008

If you're anything like me, you get home and you want an instant meal, hence, why Trader Joes is the most profitable grocery store per square foot in the United States. Most of Trader Joe meals take under 10 minutes to make, and require either a microwave or skillet. However, sometimes I get really tired of eating it day in day out.

I guess, I need to find a recipe, but what? I've got some eggs, noodles, bbq sauce, curry powder, broccoli, tuna in a can, butter, and a lime. Enter CookThink. It's like Pandora for recipes.

CookThink allows you to plug in up to 8 ingredients, and it tells you things that you can make with any combination of them. It's still in beta, so I'd recommend keeping your ingredient list really short, as it has a tendency to get stumped. Regardless, it's a great way to brainstorm for meals. CookThink also features recipes, a blog, your own CookThink space, and a store where you can buy those very necessary kitchen tools.

Pretty cool idea. The only thing I don't see is an area where you can upload your recipes to the site, which would be cool as it would add to the CookThink database.

Enjoy this innovative cooking technology.

No comments: