Monday, October 1, 2007

Big Brother - October 1, 2007

I forgot how the eyes of big brother a.k.a. Google are constantly upon us. I recently decided to look into my web history that Google tracks. I found it to be really disturbing. Not only does it go back about four months, but it tells me all the search queries I have entered since then. Oh yeah, it also tracks the pictures and videos I’ve looked at too.

It even does an analysis to show you your top queries, sites, and clicks, as well as when you do most of your searching. Yeah, it freaks me out!

BUT….the good news is that it doesn’t catch everything, AND these “top” queries and sites are completely wrong. I think I might have been to www.nwa.com (Northwest Airlines) once in my entire life, yet somehow it’s my 2nd most visited site.

No comments: