Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Raw Inspiration - October 30, 2007

This past Sunday, I took my scooter out for a little jaunt across San Francisco. Specifically, I wanted to go check out this area of town where a haunted house used to be. Booo!!! It was gone.

I continued my excursion into the Dog Patch neighborhood of SF. It’s pretty sketchy. A bunch of old warehouses, torn up streets, graffiti murals everywhere, and a bunch of lowly bars. Oh yeah, it’s also the place where my car turned up after it got stolen.

Anyways, I had a good time exploring. Check my Flickr feed to see some of the photos.

Towards the end of my trip, I stopped off at Building Resources, which is a kind of junkyard for artists/do-it-yourselfers. It has all sorts of crazy stuff from slabs of granite, old plaster moldings, sea glass, old window frames, fireplaces, etc.

It’s a great place to walk around in to get some inspiration. I suggest SFers go visit! Here are a couple pics.

No comments: