Monday, January 5, 2009

The Ultimate Compliment - January 5, 2009

Hello and welcome to 2009 at 1 Million 1 Shot. Soon to come, a recap of 2008, but for now some new material.

A while ago, I built a rotational casting machine so that I could cast hollow objects. The project ended up being a success, and was a featured project on Instructables. I really had no idea what I was doing when I built the machine, and I was totally uncertain if it would even work. I was glad to see that it eventually turned out to be a positive influence not only on me but the community at large, which brings me to the point of this post.

Because I posted information on the Internet about my project, I was able to influence others that were attempting to do the same thing as myself. As a result, a much more refined and smarter rotational casting machine has been constructed, and posted onto YouTube. I received a personal note from the YouTube user who stated that my video and instructions were tremendously helpful. I think that is the ultimate compliment. As such, I'd like to share their much better video of their roto cast machine.

p.s. On a side note, I learned that when you choose to share helpful information (perhaps things realted to ideas or projects) with others online, it's important to provide good written descriptons, photos, and videos. I found that many of my videos had distracting music in it, or even the dreaded sound of me chewing gum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Great looking design, and it's cool to see the power of the community come together to make it even better. Congrats.