Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Still Naming Shmaming - August 22, 2007

Continuing from my last post, I’ve been trying to figure out exactly what the hell I’m supposed to name my company. I can think of like 30 different ways to describe it, but not one word to call it. God, I’m dreading thinking of a three word tagline. You would think that working in the ad industry would give me a natural advantage, however, now I see why clients come to us for help.

Anyways, I discovered this little tool called the Visual Thesaurus. You type in a word and it gives you a map of how it links to other words. You can scroll over the dots that represents what other words you might be able to substitute based off of your original query, and be given a brief definition of the word. See below.
You can then click on any of the suggested words and the visual thesaurus will “re-map”. It’s pretty cool, and I think it is going to help me name this thing. You can also tug on the lines and make the map wobble, which is kinda entertaining too!.

I guess if all else fails I can do the Anagram Generator.

2 comments:

Sosia said...

garrrrr! what about milk and cookies?

Anonymous said...

duh nobby knobs, but unfortunately that name has a copy right, so I expect 10% commission on all profits :)