Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back and Alive - July 8, 2008

I'm back and alive from my vacation at Chautauqua, New York. It was brief, but I feel revived. Along the way, I came across a term that I had never heard of before, but I love it's brillancy. With the price of gas soaring, a staycation is what most Americans will experience during the summer of 2008. What is a staycation?

1. A vacation that is spent at one's home enjoying all that home and one's home environs have to offer.

2. A vacation spent close to home

Interesting trendy term that is going to get alot more usage as Americans continue to be hard pressed to spend the dough on gas or pricey airline tickets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I might have read this blog only a few hours but this word has found its way into my retoric at least 6 or 7 times already. Way to write our generations' own dictionary. You're a regular Shakespere!