Friday, March 14, 2008

Tax Rap - March 14, 2008

It’s tax season! Yay! It’s my favorite part of the year where the government gives me a measly fraction of my money back from the insane amount of taxes I pay, and I use the money to buy some ridiculous item that I don’t really need. Actually this year, I’m probably going to do something crazy and put the money away in an investment account or something wild like that.

Doing taxes is like doing laundry & having to go to a high school math class, it’s got to be done but you don’t want to do it. However, Intuit wants people to freshen their perspective about taxes, and let them know it’s not so bad. I’m an Intuit TurboTax user, and I really enjoy how quickly it takes care of my governmental duties. Anyways, moral of the story, TurboTax launched a contest last year for people to create a You Tube Turbo Tax rap. Vanilla Ice was their spokesperson, and was quite ridiculous and pathetic at the same time. The winner of the contest got $25,000 bucks in hard cash. The videos were incredibly impressive, especially given the topic. I guess there are a lot of wanna be rappers clamoring to get cash into their pockets. This year Turbo Tax is launching a comedy contest hosted by Jay Mohr, however the videos so far aren’t that great.

Without any further adieu here are two of the tax raps that I thought were awesome, but didn’t win. Now, go do your taxes!!!!!!!!!





No comments: